All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. After toiling away behind-the-scenes for months, the team is ready to let their hair down and we have the perfect occasion – Science in the City. On September 30th, CWAM will be at SITC boasting an exhibition of YOUR writings (among other fun things). If you would like to be among the writers featured in our exhibition, send us a piece! Keep an eye on our social media for more info and sneak peeks of what we have planned for SITC. We can’t wait to see you!
Guidelines for the writing exhibition:
One of CWAM’s primary goals is to promote our members and their works to the Maltese public at large. Science in the City (SITC) is one of the biggest platforms and events the island has to offer. That is why we will be there with an exhibit made up of your work.
We are looking for ten pieces of writing that will be a part of a writing exhibition at SITC. there are no limits when it comes to genre and style: excerpts from essays, fiction, poetry, non-fiction, and any experimental pieces are more than welcome. If you would like to share our work with us in order to be chosen for display at SITC, we simply ask that you submit your pieces to firstname.lastname@example.org, keeping in mind that:
- It’s all about science! Being that this is an exhibition for SITC, science needs to feature in your work. As to how you incorporate that – surprise us!
- Keep your public in mind. The writings will be printed on one sheet of A5 paper and need to be read by your audience while standing up – make your contribution efficient.
- Wordcount. Keep your piece between 50 and 200 words.
- Deadline. The deadline for submissions will be September 19th, 2016, so get to writing!
- Selections. We will be informing all those selected by a week before they go to print
- Rights. All rights will remain strictly with the author.